Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Cards that make a difference!

Here's a great idea! You are going to buy Christmas cards anyways, so why not support Ethiopian women that would otherwise have a difficult time taking care of their families. This project provides the women with a living wage and you with beautiful, handcrafted Christmas cards. What a wonderful way for you to honor Anna and her homeland this year! Check out Jimma Banana Art for more info.



On another note:
Thanksgiving is coming up. What were you doing last year? We had a great time joining in the huge festivities at Aunt Traci and Uncle Tyler's house. We found out late that day that Anna's first court date was not successful. We waited a few weeks to find out that her second court date was a success. By December 16th, we were on the plane, traveling over 30 hours to meet her. We feel so blessed this year to celebrate Thanksgiving with her in our arms, along with Ernie and our extended families. We've so much to be thankful for!








2 comments:

Jill said...

I bought a bunch of these cards and framed them, I'm redoing my bedroom and I will have these all over the room. I wish I had bought more than one big picture in Ethiopia but the cards help make up for it! BTW, I found a photographer that is only about an hour away to do our Celebrate Adoption pictures. We go Dec. 11th. Thanks for reminding me about it and getting me to dig deeper.

Noelle said...

We bought a few to frame as well.