Friday, January 4, 2008

Hooray for sleep!

* Today is Brian's first day back at work. Our little angels slept until 6:30 and 7am. Hooray for me! I don't know why, but life adjusting to kid#2 is so much easier than #1. I feel more rested, happier, more easy going, more energetic and all around more capable. We'll see at 6pm if I am still feeling this way.

The sounds of Ethoipia. Someone mentioned this on our CHI yahoo group the other day. Here are some that stand out from the House of Hope.
* Rooster crowing. Not just in the morning, but all night.
* Rock music about 8am from the neighbors.
* Peaceful chanting from the mosque down the street 5:30am.
* Snarling, fighting, howling dogs all night long, especially if you stay in one of the smaller rooms at the front of the compound.
* Children laughing and playing. What better sound is there?
* "TA-goo". A long, drawn-out, high-pitched call to Anna every time we ventured out of our room. Esentially the nannies saying, "Come visit me!"
* Have I mentioned "Dinner is ready"? Music to my ears!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for all of you!! Isn't that amazing about number 2 feeling so much different than number 1? Just makes you think about 3...4... By the way, did I mention how ADORABLE that last pic is?? MAN! You guys really know how to prod us along, don't you?!

LISA said...

Cool that you are feeling so comfy with #2 kiddo.I do think practice from #1 really does make it easier.

Stacie said...

Oh that takes me back! We laughed about the rooster all night too! And the dogs! We have 3 and I remember thinking, "At least Micah will be used to dogs barking!" :)

Good to hear #2 is easier - our #1 was a big shock (in a wonderful way) to us, so I assume with #2 we'll have a better idea of what to expect. (Well - I hope so at least!)