Sunday, December 2, 2007

Talk About Labor Pains

Okay, no real labor pains for this family, but we've gone through mountains of paperwork, a marathon of waiting and still face 30 hours of travel with an infant to arrive home. When starting this journey, I didn't know that our adoption "labor" would also take a more literal meaning: the nearly interminable labor of making my first quilt! I'd like to place the blame fair and square on Courtney, who last year showed me the most beautiful quilt made by her sister. Inspiration is a dangerous thing. For the last three months I've been slaving away my evenings and nights quilting like a mad woman. After all my complaining, I asked Courtney if she thought I was crazy for even considering making another quilt for a friend. "No!" she said, "That means you're a Quilter!" I didn't see that one coming.


4 comments:

Children's Hope International said...

This is very cool! A great example of good work in a first project.

I just took up knitting last week and am not too happy with my slow learning curve. That said, I went to a craft fair yesterday and decided I could make everything there - a dangerous attitude that is surely going to get me in big trouble!

Jennifer N.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! It is so unbelievably beautiful! I can't even tell you what you've gotten yourself into-- you're hooked! :) I'm sending this on to my sister...

Stacie said...

Beautiful!!!!!
Where did you get the pattern?
Was it difficult?

LISA said...

I Love the quilt!!! I'm not at all crafty (except scrapbooking)